Thursday, 8 June 2017

Monthly Favourites - May 2017


The past few months have been an actual roller coaster of a ride.

Some days I'm so productive that I am able to participate in a contest, ace my exams, read an amazing book, clean my room and bring world peace, while on other days I will just eat Maggi noodles for lunch and dinner and watch Ugly Betty for 3 days straight.

So, in order to increase my productivity and give myself more incentive to be more balanced throughout the month, I have decided to start this new category called "Monthly Favourites" which, as the name suggests, is a list of my favourite things to do, watch, wear during the course of a month.

At first, I was about to bitch about someone and make this another one of my "bitch session" posts, but I realised, I was going to bitch about someone who I adore although he is extremely unreliable and can be quite fake. He's not a poor excuse of a person and I remember I said I will only write about someone who I consider to be just that. 


So let's get on with the favourites.


1) Favourite artist/song of the month :


Dean - 21

This guy is a mastermind and I am torn between which song of his I love most. However, since I'm 21 years old, I feel like an independent and strong woman when I listen to this song.

Dean's arrangements are always pleasing to the ears because his voice is unbearably unique, he is young and so is his sound, plus he has crazy production talent. His videos are aesthetically pleasing. HE is aesthetically pleasing.


Joe Hertz - Stay Lost ft. Amber-Simone (Cabu Remix)

My teen nephew gave me this song and I'm in love with it. Everything about it is right. 
2) Favourite style statement :

DIY Pendant Necklace

It's a very 1990's thing to do; take a necklace cord a keep replacing the pendant according to your mood.

I didn't love chokers when it became the rage in town/instagram, but now I'm one of those people who feel incomplete without one.

I get allergies and my whole neck becomes red when I wear necklaces made of anything that isn't gold/silver, so satin chokers and leather necklaces were a BIG relief.
Oval Sunglasses
I'm not sure if it's only because I think Dakota Fanning is the coolest girl in the world, but I love how she's rocking these oval sunglasses in the movie "Uptown Girls".

The movie's release date is closer to the 90's than it is to contemporary times, so I think I'm just going through a 90's nostalgia style moment.
Anyway,
THESE TWO THINGS : I WANT. 
3) Currently Reading :
Notice how this is not my favourite but something I'm reading "currently". That's because I haven't been able to complete a single book yet. I want to read "The Book Thief" next, but I'm forcing myself to finish reading a few books I already have that I never read  haha


4) Favourite TV show : Without a doubt


Ugly Betty


I finished the series already and I miss EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER. I need to get the book for this too!

This blog post is more like a wish-list than a favourite's list. 

Anyway, if you read one of my previous posts called "The Butterfly Effect", you'd know that Ugly Betty has given me some answers to perennial questions. Moreover, recently, I have been struggling to shake off all the social conditioning of my formative years, one being, accepting non-heterosexual orientations. I still find a lot of things about different types of relationships very weird, but I find homosexuality absolutely acceptable.

I have been feeling this way for quite some time now, but after tearing up (and bawling my eyes out) one last time when young Justin came out of the closet to his lovely family, I think I can confirm my beliefs. hah

Plus, I think Marc HAS to be my ultimate favourite character. The one whose character resonates most with me is probably Amanda. And she's a fag hag, so I guess it's confirmed yet again. hah.


5) Favourite Online Magazine/Blog



Rachel Khoo's blog ,

although I hear she has also started a magazine now.

Her blog looks exactly how I would've wanted mine to look like if I was good at illustrations and had an expensive team of graphic designers. Which I don't so I have to pretend to be a minimalist since I can only do so much coding and customisation work.

6) Home Decor Inspo


I don't know if it's age or something sexist like my made-up housewifey-syndrome (forgive me, I made it up during high school when I was attempted to be bullied by this bunch of airheads who reminded me of those materialistic and annoying moms of classmates who would talk to the teachers for so damn long during PTM's and Y DO THEY ALL TALK IN NASALY VOICES?) but I am so into looking at apartments and household things.


Just yesterday, I got this lovely mop that you can place on this whirring wheel, which whirrs around the mop until it's dry. It was the best mopping experience of my life.


Just for fun (housewifey fun), I'll add something which has also been on my wish-list ever since I watched my first episode of Rachel Khoo's Little Parisian Kitchen:



Vintage Enamel Pots and Pans

Just a few days ago, my friends and our moms were going somewhere in two cabs. Because there were five kids and three moms, and Uber only allows four passengers, I volunteered to sit with the moms. Later, since I was with the mom pack, I followed them to the Tibetan market for lunch and left my contemporaries behind.

Yesterday, when we all met again, I just made ONE joke with the moms and suddenly all the girls tell me to hang out with my best new buds. Maybe I shouldn't have laughed it off hah

Going off to make a pinterest board, bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment